CNBC aired a great documentary “The Race To Rebuild: America’s Infrastructure” which pointed out the serious problems with our country’s bridges, levees, pipelines and roads. The degradation of these key pieces of infrastructure is a direct threat to our human lives and our economic future. CNBC did an excellent job in pointing out the fact that infrastructure investment would create thousands of jobs. Here are some jobs that could come from major infrastructure investment:
- CAD Technicians
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Inspectors (bridge,dams, highway and pipeline)
- Construction field workers
- Electrical Engineers
- Environmental Technicians
- Environmental Scientists
- Equipment Operators
- Forensic Investigators
- Geotechnical (Dam & Levee) Engineers
- Line workers and Electrical Maintenance
- Natural Gas Technicians
- Pipe layers
- Structural Engineers
What Do You Think?
There are many more jobs that would come from infrastructure investment. Here are some questions to discuss:
- What should be done to protect the public from these preventable dangers like the I-35 bridge collapse?
- The “Shovel Ready ” stimulus was a failure in its implementation. What could be done differently?
- Is it right to settle with injured people after a infrastructure disaster or fix the problem?
What do you think?
Job Certifications & Skills Needed
Top 17 Job Skills Employers Want In 2012
Special Report: Why Recent Pipeline Disasters Point Toward Jobs