Hinton Human Capital, an emerging leader in executive search in Green, Environmental and Infrastructure industries is now searching for Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EH&S) for a fast growing manufacturing company. Ideal candidate will have at least 8 -10 years of demonstrated experience working in MHSA governed mineral processing facilities plus the following skills and abilities:
- In depth working knowledge of MSHA safety requirements. Ability to collaborate with the leadership team to provide guidance, technical support and coordinate activities to promote a “culture of safety”. work with employees at all organizational levels to affect corrective action strategies.
- Initiating, implementing and overseeing Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) management systems
- Develop and provide training and guidance to site personnel, leadership and contractors to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate training requirements. Direct incident investigations, determine root cause, develop corrective actions, and conduct closure verification activities.
- Direct HSE inspections, self-assessments and audits. Manage reports and present summaries to management with recommended solutions. Monitor corrective action closure.
- Review current and proposed Federal, State, County, Local regulations and implement appropriate measures to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate and manage critical HSE programs, such as pollution prevention, recycling, waste water management, storm water management, air quality management, hazardous waste management, PPE, HAZCOM, confined space and fall protection procedures and reporting requirements for each. Provide on-site management support to any required remediation projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry or equivalent with focus on Environment is required.
- Master’s preferred.
- 5+ years of HSE experience in progressively increasing responsibility including oversight of Title V permit compliance.
- Verifiable experience creating, implementing and overseeing a facility governed by MSHA.
- CSP preferred, CHMM is plus
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Hot Job Alert: Environmental Sales/Account Manager-Alabama (hintonhumancapital.com)
- Environmental Compliance Auditing: Approach & Methods – July 24-25, 2012 (environmental-expert.com)