Hinton Human Capital, an emerging leader in executive search in Green, Environmental and Infrastructure Markets is now searching for Environmental Health & Safety Manager for a international specialty products company. Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following industries: food/beverage, pharma, chemical or refining plus the following skills and abilities:
- Oversee compliance with all EHS Regulations including interpreting existing and new regulations, creating, implementing and updating policies and auditing the facility for compliance.
- Act as suject matter expert on BBS, process safety management; state air permitting regulations; POTW WW discharge permits; Hazardous Waste Disposal; Tier II; LOTO; Electrical Safety and CSE
- Conduct all site environmental, health & safety training for new & existing employees and contractors. Lead the monthly employee safety committee to promote safety awareness and improve the overall safety of the facility by driving issues identified to closure.
- Supervise all hazardous (LQG) and non-hazardous waste activities including generation, proper disposal of wastes and auditing receiving facilities for liability reduction.
- Manage the facility Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program and maintaining permitting compliance with the local, state & federal regulators
- Manage facility medical monitoring program. Communicate with the company physician so that all job related risks and hazards are realized. Integrate medical monitoring program into the facility industrial hygiene and safety programs.
- Act as facility Emergency Coordinator (EC) and maintain 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training.
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Engineering (highly preferred), Environmental Sciences, Occupational Health & Safety or similar degree.
- Process Safety Management (PSM) experience is required
- CHMM, CSP or other safety & environmental certifications are a strong plus
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and communications skills are required.