This post is a continuation of my rant from last week about the availability of green, environmental and infrastructure jobs. I want to make sure that people know that green jobs are more than green/clean energy technology and that more jobs are opening everyday. Here is a list of the top places to look for these jobs.
- Linked In Groups: Recruiters post jobs in the career discussion tabs of Linked In daily. It is one of the best places to connect directly with corporate and executive recruiters.
- Twitter: It is a little harder to use Twitter to find a job because you have to follow the right people. However, there are many recruiters and companies who auto tweet their positions daily. Follow me @hintons and you will see some jobs.
- Face Book: Just because Face Book has a reputation for being more social does not mean that serious job opportunities do not exist. Look for the groups and pages that post green jobs.
- Specialty and Professional Society Job Boards: There are many specialty job boards like ASCE.org, Civil Engineering Central, NSPE.org and MyWaterPlantjobs.com which carry strong job opportunities.
- Environmental Expert: This is one of my favorite sites because they list companies products, services and jobs from all over the world. They also have a list of conferences that are ripe with networking opportunities.
What You Need To Do To Get Noticed
If you are looking for one of these types of jobs here are some tips to increase your chances of getting an interview:
- Connect and converse with the recruiters on social media: There is always more information beyond the job posting you need to know. If you build a relationship with recruiter, it will increase your chances of getting noticed.
- Do not let your frustration get the best of you: I know from experience that it is frustrating when you get multiple rejections from a recruiter or employer but do not read into them as a personal vendetta. Learn from them. Venting your frustration on a recruiter or employer only burns bridges.
- Make sure your resume and social media profile match:Employers and recruiters do take look at social media profiles when considering a candidate. Errant and inappropriate information can haunt you.
Thanks for reading.
More Sites to Watch