This is article is from the Hinton Human Capital Newsletter that goes out to our e-mail list subscribers on a bi monthly basis.
Here are some important tips to remember before sending out your resume.
- One of the most important parts of your job search is your resume distribution plan. How your resume gets into a company and who gets it counts.
- Your resume should not generate more questions than it answers. Be mindful of its content in relation to the position you are seeking.
- Two questions your resume must answer: Who are you and Are you the right person for the job?
- Your social media profiles are resumes that an employer will read when considering you for a position. They need to be reviewed regularly.
- How your resume enters a company is how its value will be perceived.
- The reputation of the person who gives your resume to a hiring manager determines if they will consider it.
- Most job searches fail to yield interviews and offers because the resume is sent to an e-mail box or an applicant tracking system, not a person.
- If a job seeker does not follow up after an interview, there is a good chance for their resume to be buried and forgotten.
- Networking is the pursuit to put your resume into a hiring manager’s hand.
- The best destination for your resume is the hiring manager’s hand.
Thanks for reading
Green Career Resources
Resume Writing Services
Career Coaching Services Through Green Career Central